Pizzas 4 Patriots

Pizzas 4 Patriots
$10 provides two soldiers with a taste of home!

Saturday, February 9, 2008

“Those of you who feel knitting has changed your life, welcome to the club. I can think of no better occupation to reveal your own creativity.”

The above quote has been attributed to Kaffe Fassett.

Learning to knit did change my life in good and bad ways. I spend too much money on yarn, books and needles, but I have a way to unwind in the evenings, a way to express my creativity, and a new appreciation for textiles. I learned to knit a few years ago when my friend Jane showed me how to cast on and how to do the knit stitch. She suffered through the days it took me to grasp the Purl stitch and now she deals with all the goofy knitting things I find on the internet and am driven to share with someone!

Two of those goofy things I'm including pictures of here that Jane had made. The sock monkey hat I've mentioned before (the pattern can be found here) and is being worn by the lucky recipient just this past Christmas.

The other pictures are of Patrick wearing his R2D2 beanie Jane knitted. Patrick is performing in the talent show at his school and since his selected piece is the Main Theme to Star Wars, we decided on the costume shown here. Jane quickly came to the rescue and made the beanie since I wasn't able to find a really nice R2D2 costume for a preteen/teen to wear and it needed to be open enough for him to play the piano.

I'm still waiting to see if she makes the chenille breast or Elvis wig.

By the way, the R2D2 Tshirt can be purchased online at 80sTees.