Pizzas 4 Patriots

Pizzas 4 Patriots
$10 provides two soldiers with a taste of home!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Posterity and Escape

The success or failure of a life, as far as posterity goes, seems to lie in the more or less luck of seizing the right moment of escape” -- Alice James


I seemed to have seized some sort of escape Sunday and now my posterior is in failure... Another visit to the bike trail, this time alone and I'm not sure I'll survive to pedal such folly again. I rode 10 miles one way, which meant to get back to my waiting citrus fruit and make my way home, I needed to ride another 10 miles.

There's my bike, and the 44 mile marker. I started at the 54 mile marker. The ride took me a little more than 2 hours. Along the way I took some pictures:


Not as hot as last week's ride, it was a gorgeous autumn day. I started out thinking some sad thoughts, but it wasn't long before my focus was on distance and pain. I passed some people on the trail, but more often was passed by "real" cyclists. Maybe I should look into getting real cyclist clothes, though my bike isn't anything like theirs either. I did get a compliment about my basket. She was a mom too -- I've got a "mom" kind of bike. Lots of dads out jogging, pushing their little slackers in those jogging strollers. Many people rollerblading, several people just out walking, lots of squirrels playing in the fallen leaves, a large vulture and one chipmunk also all shared the trail with me. This time Patrick wasn't with me, I missed his friendly greeting each person that passed us slow enough for him to wish them a terrific day. I was able to keep going, with fewer stops though since he weren't with me, and I did end up doing 20 miles.

My weekend was one of quiet, one that I did pretty much only what I wanted to do: sleep, knit, watch movies ("For the Love of the Game" and "Working Girl" to note a few of several) . I was going to upload a picture of the baby blanket I'm working on, but I think I'm still struggling with gauge and am not sure this is going to end up being big enough for a human baby... the yarn is wonderful. It's just lovely and soft, but I'm half done and I don't think it will be the right size. More to come on that.