Pizzas 4 Patriots

Pizzas 4 Patriots
$10 provides two soldiers with a taste of home!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Covered in Cat Hair


I've found a book that has changed my life. OK, a little dramatic, but it really has made an impact: Crazy Aunt Purl's Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair: The True-Life Misadventures of a 30-Something Who Learned to Knit After He Split. Yes it's a knitting book... there are some really cute patterns in it, which I will get to in more detail later, but it's so much more than a book about knitting. The author, Laurie Perry relates her experiences of her divorce and dealing with the end of the relationship. Being all too familiar with a lot of those feelings, a book of just 198 pages of text (a chunk of the book is patterns and projects, and a few pages are provided with book club discussion topics), spoke volumes to me. I've recommended it to several friends who are dealing with similar situations. Sadly, there are way too many of us out there.

The book does include patterns for a few cute hats, a few scarves, some small bags and one huge cat toy. I laughed and I cried with the author, who, btw has her blog: Crazy Aunt Purl. Quite funny and inspirational.