Pizzas 4 Patriots

Pizzas 4 Patriots
$10 provides two soldiers with a taste of home!

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Two in one day? YES!

When it rains it pours they say... and the skies here in Ohio are dark and stormy today. I've got more pictures (yes I've been knitting my fingers to the bone!). I promised the baby blanket and soap bag pictures, so here they are.

As with most of my recent projects, there's been a lot of improvising done on the baby blanket. Knitted with Bernat Baby Lash on US 8 bamboo circulars, the blanket is soft and very heavy. I used 6 skeins of Baby Blue and 2 skeins of Soft N' Sunny. I'm concerned that it's not very big, but as heavy as it turned out, maybe that's a good thing. Perfect for laying a baby on, or maybe as a cover while baby is in a car seat that isn't going to be kicked off easily. Perhaps it will become a treasured security blanket.




The soap bag was a quickie project (and already has some soap in it waiting to be used on some lucky back!). The pattern is from the knitting page at About.com (here) and I used Sugar 'n Cream, the color was "salt & pepper print". I used US 6 bamboo needles, and mine doesn't look exactly like the one on About.com... I didn't quite understand the instruction about knit each stitch then wrap the yarn twice around the needle. I think mine turned out okay though and will make more. Would be a nice addition to a gift basket.