Pizzas 4 Patriots

Pizzas 4 Patriots
$10 provides two soldiers with a taste of home!

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Long Over Due

OK, I'm out of my funk and getting back to doing fun things, getting back to being productive again. I finished the prayer shawl and gave it to my friend for her birthday. The color was perfect for her, and I'm hoping the shawl brings her some comfort in the coming months of autumn.


I knitted it using a Feather and Fan stitch, 3 skeins of Homespun "Waterfall" and US 11 bamboo needles. I loved the feather and fan pattern, especially how nice the scalloped ends of the shawl were without me even needing to be aware that's what was happening. I found the free pattern on the internet.

Once I finished the shawl, I went back to an afghan that I had started before last Christmas and never finished. I had decided to donate a completed afghan we're having at work for a fundraiser so, it was now or never to complete it. I ended up taking most of the stitches out and starting over, but today it was completed, almost two weeks before the fundraiser. There's a first for me!


The afghan was knitted with 2 skeins each of Homespun colors Gothic (kind of a black & purple), Quartz, Bubble Gum and Lavender Sachet. I used Speed Stix needles (US 50, or perhaps pointy broom handles!) and a Lion Brand 6 Hour Afghan . Instead of only 3 colors, I used 4 and I decided to go without the fringe. The other afghans using this pattern that I had made (and I've made several of these for Christmas presents last year) had the fringe and it was messy. My friend Jane had improvised on the pattern and we decided to go without fringe and make a border for the ends and sides. It's a much better afghan! (Thank you Jane!!!).

I'm starting on a baby set, a gift for a friend's new granddaughter. There's a hat, a blanket and (drum roll...) a sweater! Yes, I'm going to try a sweater. It's a baby sweater, but it's still something that is more than a rectangle. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Of course, pictures will be posted when I'm done. I'll also post more about the patterns.